Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Bad Mother






Unfortunately, along with Motherhood comes this thing called "Mommy Guilt".  It can strike at any moment and for me anyway, appears fairly regularly.  

Today I feel guilty because:

1.  Yesterday during Milan's 15 month checkup, the doctor discovered some fluid in her ears.  We learned that "the cold" from a couple of weeks ago was most likely an ear infection and I, her Mother, didn't even know it.  Someone asked me, "didn't you notice Milan tugging at her ears"?  She didn't tug at them.  I swear.  But still I can't help but feel bad.....

2.  Today, in celebration of cowboys and cowgirls, it was "bandana" day at daycare.  James and I do not own any bandanas, and I didn't have time to go out and hunt one down.  I know she is only 15 months old, and probably has no clue, but it didn't stop me from having flashes all day - My baby being the only child in her daycare without one, and wondering if Milan noticed.....




3.  I fed her fish sticks instead of regular fish.




4.  Milan goes to daycare two days a week.  Sometimes I worry that perhaps it is too hard on her only going two days a week.  Is it difficult for her to adjust, being there so little?  Does she feel at home there?  Does she fit in with the other kids?  Would it be better for her to go three days a week?



5.  On the other hand, I feel guilty that I can't afford to stay home with her full time.




3 comments:

The Molloy Family said...

I completely relate to this! They were making smoothies at Ellie's school the other day (obviously she's allergic) and I completely forgot to pack something special for her. AND I forgot to pack her Rice Milk. So all the other kids drank their special yummy smoothies and had to Ellie drink water. Water! My guilt is endless...

Amelia said...

Oh, she's so cute! I hear you on the working, and the ear infections - don't get me started. Ellie doesn't show any signs of them at all, so, like you, we go in for our checkup thinking she has a cold and bam! ear infection.

BTW, the swimming suit I believe had a JC Penny's tag on it.

McLeodx5 said...

her hair got SOOOOO light! still a cutie. :)