Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Milan's 4th Birthday - Part Three


Last weekend we celebrated Milan's birthday with a small, Hello Kitty - themed party.  We invited just a few of her friends from preschool.  I made the decorations and cupcakes, ordered pizza, played a few party games, and we had ourselves a Hello Kitty party!

No, I did not make these cookies...wish I could say I did!





But I did make the favor bags...


and the birthday banner...


and the centerpiece...











and the cupcakes and cupcake toppers...








As we waited for all of our guests to arrive, I had a small table set-up with Hello Kitty (HK) coloring pages and crayons.  It turned out to be a pretty big hit.


Once the party started, I applied HK tattoos to the birthday girl and all of her guests.


We played a couple of rounds of HK bingo








My chosen craft for the party was sand art.  Milan loves to do sand art, so I thought the other girls would have fun doing it too...and they did!  If Hello Kitty is not wearing a bow on her head, then she is wearing a flower, so we filled flower shaped containers with the sand.

















Next up was throwing a bean bag (made by me), into HK's flower garden (also made by me).  I had a perfectly sized cardboard box which came with Milan's Calico Critter house.  I painted flowers on it and cut out the center of each flower.  During the party, I had the girls line up to take turns tossing the beanbag into the holes.











Our last activity was a pinata.  I didn't really like the idea of 3 and 4 year olds swinging a bat around (even without the blindfold), so I chose a pull string pinata.  The idea was for each girl to take a turn pulling a string, one of which, would trigger the pinata.  Milan went first, and pulled so hard, the pinata just kind of ripped open.  Fortunately, the other girls didn't seem to notice that they didn't get a turn, everyone was too busy trying to grab the little goodies off the floor.








After the games we had lunch of pizza, fruit (a blend of blueberries and raspberries), pink lemonade, and of course pink cupcakes.  Milan still doesn't really care for cupcakes, but she has started eating the frosting.


These next photos, James captured of Paloma enjoying a cupcake after everyone else had left the table.  She figured out her own little way of eating her cupcake!  :)  Remind me to sign this girl up for a pie eating contest next summer!





































After everything was said and done, I think the party was a success.  Milan and her friends really enjoyed themselves.  Personally, I thought it was still a little stressful and a lot of work for a small party, but each time I think of the smile on Milan's face, I know it was worth it!


0 comments: